Casolare is a true hidden gem located within the historic 1000-year-old Villa Saletta estate near Pisa. A restored former hunting lodge, Casolare sits high on a wooded hill surrounded by ancient forests, vineyards, and olive groves.
The perfect retreat for those wanting both seclusion and serenity, Casolare combines an air of privacy with an effortless sense of laid-back luxury. A perfectly restored villa, Casolare offers an abundance of comfort and style with an elegant interior featuring artisan panelled ceilings, a stone fireplace, antique furnishings, original artworks and a fully equipped contemporary kitchen.
Unique in its distinct architecture, this romantic cottage-style lodge features three bedrooms, with the master suite enjoying French doors which open out onto a balcony overlooking mature gardens. The master includes a four-poster bed, Italian linens, wood floors, ornate hand-painted wardrobes and an opulent marble bathroom with both a shower and bath.
The villa itself sleeps six guests with three comfortable bedrooms and five bathrooms. While the atmosphere in the villa is classically Tuscan, Casolare also offers all mod cons, including air-con, Wi-Fi and Satellite TV. With an emphasis on the typical alfresco lifestyle intrinsic to life in Tuscany, Casolareoffers a wealth of outdoor living spaces. A private pool and jacuzzi are accompanied by an outdoor dining area and a large BBQ. Next to the villa itself is a shaded terrace, while the ample gardens feature ancient oak trees and borders planted with aromatic shrubs and flowers.
Casolare is the perfect Italian escape for friends and family, offering a beautiful backdrop thoughtfully designed for total relaxation. Resting in the heart of the majestic Villa Saletta estate, the lodge is bordered by farmland, woodlands, vineyards and olive groves. The estate spans 1,760 acres and includes an award-winning winery and a magical medieval village. The countryside surrounding Casolare is perfect for hiking, biking, horse riding and the typical Tuscan activity of truffle-hunting.
Just a short drive from Pisa airport, Villa Saletta’s impressive estate offers the perfect base for exploring some of Tuscany’s most treasured destinations, such as the historic cities of San Gimignano, Volterra, Florence and Siena.
Casolare – Amenities
- Bedrooms & bathrooms – Linens, towels, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryers, bath products
- Refrigerator, freezer, toaster, icemaker, dishwasher, blender, microwave, oven, stove top, coffee maker
- Initial stock of tea, coffee, milk, fruit juice, bread and butter
- Complementary bottle of Villa Saletta wine
- Laundry – Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Daily housekeeping service – 2 hours/day, Monday to Friday
- Wifi, Television/DVD player/Bose music player
- Pool towels Pool heating if requested in advance (additional surcharge)
- Bedroom 1 King, Ensuite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 2 King, Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 King, Ensuite bathroom with shower